Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Gay pride. - August 6th 2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumemusik View Post
^ This.

Liverpool pride doesn't charge (I don't think) but it's taking place in the 'gay quarter' of the city.

I was going to go to Liverpool pride today, even though I'm straight, because I'm very supportive of gay rights etc, but I'm going out for a 'family day.' To Chester. So yeah.

Does anyone know if it's still on tomorrow?

But anyone who goes - enjoy yourselves!!
Liverpool Pride march and the activities at the pier head are only on today but FACT and some other places have some event on throughout August.
It doesn't charge for the events today as it is only the 2nd year and they are still trying to build it up. If they charged no one would go, it needs a good reputation before they consider charging. FACT is showing a few LGBT films through August and they are charging for that and some clubs are having LGBT club nights but they are the only things that are charging, that I know of.

It is partly in the Gay Quater but it isn't confined to there. The march starts at Lime Street Train Station and goes through the Gay Quarter to the Pier Head. Then at the Pier Head they have a stage with bands performing and markets stalls etc. The evening nightclub event mainly take place in the Gay Quarter. They mainly stick to the Gay Quarter during the march and the evening events for safety reasons.

I ended up not going because I was in work until midnight and then I woke up with severe tonsillitis, woo. All my friends still went so I will find out from them how it was.

Last edited by Melody Pond; August 6th 2011 at 02:59 PM.