View Single Post
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19 Points: 18,934, Level: 19

Re: Religion and Birth Control - August 8th 2011, 05:17 AM

Pulling out and condoms are VERY different. Some people use the pulling out method and it's fine. But for some it doesn't, as someone posted there's sperm in pre-cum which can get you pregnant. The odds may be lower, but they still exist.
Personally I never got the whole anti-contraception thing in religion, anti-abortion I get but anti-contraception? Contraception does not kill an embryo / foetus, it merely prevents one being created in the first place. Which in my mind is not a sin as it is not ending life. You are preventing yourself from bringing a child into a world that is not healthy for it, it would be far better to not have a child until you're ready.
I think your boyfriend sounds great, and I'm sorry you've had bad experiences in the past. Any guy who says he'll break up with you if you don't sleep with him, really isn't worth your time!
I think speaking to your priest is a great idea. From my understanding, what you tell them is in confidence, so they can't tell anyone else. I would go to him and explain that growing up is confusing you, that you were previously pressured into sex and you feel it should be ok with someone you love and who loves you. You can also explain to him what people have said about how contraception does not kill a fertilised egg, and ask if that is then acceptable, especially in terms of your health and not getting STIs. I'm sure you won't be the first confused teen he's come accross, so try to remember you're not the only one and that it's ok to be confused and go for help!
And please don't listen to posters who say you're stupid. It's perfectly fine to find all of this confusing!!

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/