View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

White Tattoo - August 9th 2011, 05:03 PM

Okay so awhile ago I posted about getting this tattoo done on my wrist.

Nika and I have even set a date to get them together at the same time But while I know I want to get it now, and where, and plan to one day in quite a few years getting a phoenix across my entire arm in UV ink, I'm really leaning toward getting this tattoo in white ink again. I used to toy with the idea awhile ago, but I'm leaning toward it again.

A few reasons why...
  1. One day I want a professional job in a few years when I graduate college. While my ultimate goal is to have my own private practice where I am my own boss, I'll at first have to work under quite a few people and in a hospital where tattoos might not be exactly acceptable. I always figured I could wear bracelets, but I'm starting to worry it might affect my chances of being a professional Music Therapist.
  2. It's my first tattoo, and I while I want to always remind myself of it's meaning, it's also sort of a private thing. I'm not afraid of my past or explaining it, but it's still something meant to be done for me, not to show off to other people. Having a white tattoo means I'll know it's there, not everyone else.
  3. It seems a bit more unique and elegant than your average tattoo =3
  4. I like that it looks a bit like a scar, it has a deeper meaning and connection to the reason I'm getting the tattoo. Plus I've always been a tad interested in actual Scarification (like tattoo, more triggering, don't look it up) while being way too deathly afraid to go get it done.

I know it fades, especially for people in the sun a lot. But I tend to hide from the sun, and I don't exactly run around with my wrist hanging out in the air anyway. I suppose my questions are that I'm wondering how much it would cost for one... And also, I have fairly pale skin, at first I thought that'd be bad but apparently it's better if you're pale And finally, I know it's fairly uncommon, but is it SO uncommon that the tattoo shop I end up going to might not have it? Our date is September 10th, and I'll be moving to St. Louis August 25th or so. That gives me just a few weeks to find a good tattoo place that has white ink I suppose.

Anyone have a white tattoo? I know there was a post about this quite a while back, and I glanced through it. But still, I think they're rather pretty. If it really fades that much, I can always get black done over it in a few years if I want, right?

Some white tattoo pictures similar to mine

I'm ignoring the fact that Lohan has a white wrist tattoo.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Last edited by TheBabyEater; August 9th 2011 at 05:10 PM.