Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Cutting again:( - August 9th 2011, 08:52 PM

Hey,

You definitely didn't fail us. Everyone slips up when trying to stop cutting, I slip up, you slip up, everyone else that's been in to the point where they're hurting themselves slips up. You definitely aren't alone, it's okay to slip up. You just have to look at as something that happened and then go on telling yourself that you won't let that slip up define how you deal with things, you have to tell yourself that it's okay that you slipped up but that you have to use things other than cutting to cope.
You can try going on walks, listening to music, writing, reading, playing games with other people or on the computer, doing different forms of crafts, like knitting or painting. The list of alternatives is a very long one, I can't think of all of them, but I know you can find alternatives that work for you, it just takes trial and error sometimes, certain things help certain people. Once you find alternatives that help you, use them and if they get to the point where they don't help as much, switch your alternatives.
I know you can do this! Don't give up on quitting!

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."