View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Sorry you're sick, but wow, you look great! - August 10th 2011, 06:45 AM

Looking at her first picture, I don't find anything attractive about it. When someone is a walking skeleton, they look incredibly unhealthy like the walking dead. I do not understand how any man finds her body nice-looking, perhaps they were compliments out of pity or sympathy. I find it more likely fellow women complimented her because they are more likely to want to have that body figure than men.

In my clinical psychology class last year, we saw a lady in her 30s to early 40s who looked thinner than the first picture in the link. Her body figure was due to intentional self-starvation. She wore a hat because her hair was falling out, her nails were already cracked and chipped, a few fell out already. She couldn't even walk because she was too weak and her skeletal body was too heavy for her. After she gained a bit more weight due to being force-fed (looked a bit thinner than the first picture still), she could walk on her own, she said she also received compliments from others. At first I thought she was joking but our professor (a clinical psychologist) said she wasn't joking at all. Ironically, not a single man complimented her, only women, even a few female students in the class complimented her but the remaining students thought she looked like the walking dead.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)