View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Feelings for my rapist- is this normal? - August 12th 2011, 02:41 PM

Hey Mariah

I am so sorry to hear about what you have been through, it must have been awful for you and I really hope you are managing okay with coming to terms with what happened. Don't worry, it's very common for people to have feelings for the person that hurt them. Often these people have built a level of trust with you, you feel a certain way about them and just because they hurt you, that doesn't mean you can just turn you're feelings off. After what's happened to you you're left feeling very confused because you feel you shouldn't have these feelings towards him. This must make it even harder for you to overcome, because your feelings and emotions are conflicting.

Do you have to see him often in you're daily life? Having to see him like that must bring lots of horrible memories back for you.Have you ever seen a professional to help with deal with the memories and cope with what happened? If not that might be a something to think about. Having that safe space to discuss your thoughts and feelings might be just what you need

I hope you're okay, keep in touch and I'm always here if you need a chat, take care