dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Religion in the census. - August 13th 2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
I think there are a lot of reasons. Some people are unsure, some only answer what is required of them in the census (you don't have to answer that field) and some still have an attitude somewhere along the lines of 'it's rude to talk about religion' and don't want people to know.
I think the last one is a very good point - some people do take the position that their views on religion are no one's business, least of all the state (who do commission the census in the first place, after all). It's interesting in that it's one of the few questions I know of which is still optional, but I suppose it's along the same logic as it not asking for your in-depth political views. (At least I'm assuming it doesn't - the UK one didn't at any rate)

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 702933 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!