View Single Post
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Do you/Would you only date someone of the same religion (or lack of)? - September 12th 2011, 08:17 PM

As with any other potential "deal-breaker" in a relationship, I think it only becomes a significant obstacle if one or both people make it one, either through having very strong and immovable views on the subject or being either unable or unwilling to accommodate the other person's point of view. For me, it would not be an issue for two reasons. One, I'm nowhere near certain enough in my beliefs to even try and claim that I am completely right so being open-minded and accommodating on the subject is my default anyway. Two, I date people based on who they are as a whole, not whether they make a particular choice on the census. How well suited we are to each other depends on far more than how we each view God, if we both believe in a God or Gods in the first place. As such, I wouldn't exclude anyone on those grounds any more than I would exclude them for picking NASCAR over Formula One, or pop music over indie or rock.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.