View Single Post
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Ambitiousxx Offline
Stay Strong.<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Points: 8,039, Level: 13 Points: 8,039, Level: 13 Points: 8,039, Level: 13

Re: Do you/Would you only date someone of the same religion (or lack of)? - September 14th 2011, 12:38 AM

I chose other.. For a few reasons.

I was raised christian/catholic in a catholic school and a part of a parish and all of that.. I have friends of numerous different relgions and i have absolutely no problem with that. But a few friends of those friends of mien, have tried to push their beliefs onto me.. And I really don't appreciate that. (I consider myself Agnostic now.. I have for a few years.)

I enjoy learning about other peoples perspective on things, socioligy, all that kinda stuff. Different religions interest me.. But I don't believe in them.

I wouldn't mind if someone i dated was of a different religion. The guy I'm with now is catholic/christian but hes not.. really into it i guess. Its just what he was rasied as and what his family considers themselves. We've had a few talks about it and he knows my belifs on it, and doesnt try to push anything on me. I dont try to push anything on him, so all is good.

But if someone tried to push their beliefs on me... It wouldn't work. I'm.. a very opinionated person, in more ways than one. I tend to keep those things to myself, unless someone asks.. But I would just get frustrated. I also had bad experiences at that school/church.. That may play a part in why I have an issue with people pushing beliefs on me. But regardless..

'Other'. It just depends on the person.. Haha.

Demi Lovato saved my life.<3

-----------------------------------------------------

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."

~

"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing what people say you cannot do."

------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to PM me if you ever need advice, want to talk about somthing, or just need a friend. I'll be there for you. (:

<3