View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
bugsy351 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: nez

Points: 10,345, Level: 14 Points: 10,345, Level: 14 Points: 10,345, Level: 14

Problems at work.. - September 20th 2011, 03:37 AM

To cut to the chase, I am having major problems at work. I don't mean this to be offensive or upset anybody but I am the only White girl working in a store that is predominately Asian. I wouldn't have thought this would be a problem and normally it isn't but one of the guys has really upset me and since he first upset me I now can't stand to be near him. Basically this is my first job and because we are new he has decided that he can treat us as his slaves and pick on us whenever he wants. It all came to a head the other night when he swore at me twice in front of the customer, he told me to do my f***ing job because it's what I get paid for and I burst into tears. That night all he'd done was stand by the self service machine, text and go outside for continual chats with his mates leaving me to serve 100 or so customers on my own. When I eventually said I'm going on my break he told me I wasn't because there was no one to look after the tills then proceeded to go on his break and come back 2 hours later. This guy is getting paid the same as me, he's not my boss and he's not a supervisor. So when he got back I decided to have a word with him and tell him not to be rude to me and he shrugged it off and I went into the staff room and burst into tears. It gets worse however because I changed my shifts so I don't have to be near him as much but when he did arrive into work (25 mins late again!!) he again didn't do any work and used the self checkout as an excuse not to help me and ignored any requests I gave him to help me out. The end of that shift his friend came in and started talking about another guy who worked at the store and said "where's that queer lad?" after which they started to bitch about the guy in front of the customers calling him moody and then this guy told his friend that the guy they were bitchy about had been jumped and that he deserved it because he's gay. I just thought you total scumbag. The short of it is I really don't want to go into work the thought of it makes me feel sick but I'm on my 6 month probationary period and I need the money for university. Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?

nez <3
Dory: Are... are you my conscience?
Marlin: [sighs] Yes, I'm your conscience. We haven't spoken for a while. How are you?
Dory: Eh, can't complain.