View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
escape_thereal_world Offline
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Not gaining weight? - September 25th 2011, 09:28 PM

This could be triggering to some users as there are calorie numbers in some of the links (telling how many calories you need to consume per day in order to gain weight).

It could be something with your thyroid.

I actually went through exactly what you are describing. Mine resolved itself eventually, but it took a few years. No doctor ever found out why.

It could be the things you are eating. Even eating junk food consistently may not make you gain weight or keep you feel. Also, keep in mind that there is such a thing as thinking you should eat, despite feeling hungry. It's sometimes referred to as "mind hunger". You should find a distraction or remind yourself you are not hungry.

You need to intake more calories than you burn through exercise or physical activity. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are a good start.

Here is a calculator for women on how many calories you would need to get to your ideal weight:
http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm

Also, eating more dairy, poultry, meat, and seafood can help gain weight. Here can give you A LOT of helpful information to gaining weight.