View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
escape_thereal_world Offline
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Doctor won't help ... - October 6th 2011, 04:57 PM

It shouldn't matter if it was at a hospital and not the doctors. Tell your doctor you went to the hospital, what day, approximate time, and the doctor's name if you can remember. Then they can call the hospital for those records. You should always tell your doctor when you've been to the hospital so they can keep up with what is going on with you.

If you aren't making it up (which you clearly aren't) then you need to MAKE them understand you are concerned. You have to stand up to your doctor and say, "Look, I don't know what's going on with me but there is SOMETHING wrong and I really want to find out what." Call them consistently until they accept an appointment or make another appointment so they see that this is an ongoing thing and not just something that's lasting a couple days.

I had several severe sore throats when I was in my teens. Consistent but always different diagnosis. When I got white stuff on my tonsils and it never went away (Despite being treated for thrush and mono and strep throat). It never went away and my doctor started doing the same treatments over.

Finally, my mom said "No. We are not getting diagnosed with the same thing. There is something ELSE going on. Find out what it is, please." So they decided to take my tonsils out and said it was "unknown" bacteria. Never had issues with sore throats again

So, stand up to your doctor(s). Keep a log of the symptoms, time, days, etc. This way they can see patterns. Make an Excel sheet or just jot it all down on paper. But keeping logs REALLY helps doctors figure out what's going on.