(#17 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 3rd 2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
?? Not once did I say anything about being 'gangster', you drew that merely from me mentioning racism against black people. And if someone is being bullied because they're black, and you immediately jump to 'it was probably their fault for acting so gangster'... well, let's just say it doesn't suprise me that you support the teachers in the case.

And while we're on the topic...

What on earth do you mean fake lisp? I get it now, you think being gay means wearing pink all the time and being black means being a gangster, but I've never heard anyone say that a gay stereotype is a fake lisp. Poor children with lisps all across the country must be getting beat up by homophobes.

Also, let's say someone does decide to wear pink everyday (and that wearing pink is the international sign of 'I'm gay!')- why should that person have to wear more blacks and whites just to make sure some bullies don't humiliate, tease, or physically abuse them? Why should anyone have to pretend to be someone else to make sure bullies don't bully them? That's kind of terrible advice. The bullies are the problem. If you approach the topic of bullying with the advice:

"Hey, kids, now remember; bullying is bad... so don't be yourselves!"

You're already failing.
First of all, if you were behaving in a sterotypical manner (Such as stereotypical black person.) then yes, you do deserve to be made fun of. I understand not all bullying is called for, but if it is then you need to do what you need to to fix it.

Gay people do intentionally (or sometimes non-intentionally) use a gay lisp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_lisp

However non-gays may naturally posess this kind of lisp. Any gay faking the lisp probably deserves to be beaten up by someone who really suffers from a lisp, because it's insulting. It's like me sitting in a wheelchair all day when I can walk perfectly fine, you deserve to be made fun of.

Shimmering Fairre: No, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is being this:

in highschool is looking to be teased. No one is truly like that unless they are a transgendered person, which is again fine, but when acting in this mannerism intentionally and bitching when you get teased is stupid. It's again the same thing as: no all straight people feel the need to walk around all day and tell everyone how straight they are. Be like that, but suck it up, or don't act like a stereotypical gay/black/white and there will be nothing to tease anymore.

When acting in a stereotypial manner, expect to be treated stereotypically.

Again though. I'm not racist, anti-gay or anything like that, but honestly some people take pride in their race, sexuality, or gender too far.
- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!