(#23 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 3rd 2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe.in.hope View Post

So people don't have the right to dress and look the way they want to? Since when? Seriously, people have the right to dress in this way, as a woman, as a man, as a chimpanzee for that matter. It doesn't give someone the right to bully that person. That's like wearing my favorite band on a tshirt and being called "emo" because they are a slow, rockish band. Is that fair? NO. Obviously, you're going to be hurt if you get bullied/teased/whatever. No one ASKS to get their feelings hurt. They just want to express who they are based on their looks and how they act. I think pride in one's race, sexuality, and gender is GREAT and there's no "taking it too far". Everyone deserves to be treated equally no matter how they look, act, speak, where they come from, etc. There is NO excuse for bullying. Period.
Because I totally said "bullies should never be reprimanded no matter what! Physical violence and emotional abuse are great". No one has the RIGHT to bully anyone.

People have the right to dress however they want, this does not overrule the right of free speech. Secondly, what is wrong with being called "emo". If that somehow manages to completely unhinge somone, they have bigger issues. If you have the right to wear the shirt, someone has the right to make a snarky comment. It's an opinion, albeit unfavourable, but not bullying. If they followed you around all day making suicide jokes or in any other way harassed you for an extended period of time, it would count as bullying.

No taking any pride too far? How about I like being white so much, I think we should eliminate all blacks, because being white is so cool. That wasn't a well though-out comment.

Everyone deserves equal treatment, however why is it fine for hetrosexual kids to be teased on occasion and told to stop being so annoying/obnoxious/rude/mean/stupid and it never makes headlines? Is that equal treatment? Equal treatment does not exist, because if this kid was hetrosexual, no one would even know about the issue.

There is no excuse for bullying. I agree, the thing is, let us stop making ourselves easy targets in some desperate attemp to tell everyone how gay/straight/black/white/smart/dumb we are. Everyone who needs to know these things knows. Let us not get too caught up in expressing these things.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!