(#24 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 3rd 2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
It's kind of similar to saying that if you go out to a crap neighbourhood at night, you deserve to get mugged, or stabbed or even shot.... no... that's what doesn't fit together in your argument.
While I'm picking apart posts, this seems like a great one to get my point across.

No, it doesn't justify being stabbed, the stabber should still be in trouble. If you just wandered into that neighbourhood, that's even worse.

On the other hand: (this part is my arguement) if you knew the neighbourhood was crap, but hung out there anyway because it somehow enforces the ideal you want to portray (Smart, Gay, Black, whatever) and then someone walks past you and glares at you, so you call 911 and the police give the the friendly piece of advice "try not to hang around here anymore" and you contact the papers because "you have the right to be in that neighbourhood", that is when you need to learn to shut up.

No one went any farther than teasing, the boy which is still wrong, but it's snarky comments instead of torment. The teacher simply told him he might want to try styling his hair differently or something, if he wanted to possibly stop the comments in the future. He overreated, and then ovvereacts again and contacts the papers to cry about this "injustice" that was really just friendly advice, because nothing sinister had occured so nothing could be done by authority.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!