Thread: Triggering (Bullying): Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay'
View Single Post
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 5th 2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloserToTheClouds View Post
I don't have time to read the article right now. But saying teachers don't care is a major generalization and it's just not true. I can't speak for every teacher, but I know that myself as well as the many teachers and education majors that I personally know care, probably too much. Depending on the school, then I'd say the teachers should get some form of punishment for "homophobic" comments depending on what they were and how it came up and the kind of school (ie. religious vs public). I don't necessarily think they should be fired, but I don't know specifics. Like I said, I don't have time to read the article right now.
I get what you are saying about the generalization on the comment teachers just don't care. But most every teacher I have gone to about being bullied or sexually harassed when I was in school told me to grow up, and some even told me to stop being a baby.

On that note I think if schools have a no bully rule and they say in articals and all that stuff that they report to get there school out there for awards and stuff that they stick by it 100% and turns out its a bunch of bullshit I think those teachers should go to training and if it happens again they should be fired
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!