(#56 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Teachers tell bullied kids to act less 'gay' - November 7th 2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPid View Post
Yes I have read the article . do you really think I would post an article in the debates forum for people to debate without reading the article myself first ?
The fact you were hell-bent on arguing the teachers should have acted in a different way without giving regard to the fact they stated they didn't know what to do, to me, suggests you didn't read it all or read it but then ignored it.

Quote:
I would help little johnny by going to the school governors, speaking with the bullies parents, if teachers want to stop bullying they will, the fact that they don't says to me the teachers do not care.
In a class of let's say 30 students, if half them are bullied, then it means the teacher has to meet with the school governors, bully's parents and whoever else. I'd imagine that would be difficult and frustrating, especially when they've scheduled an appointment but the kid is still being bullied. If they don't do something then and there because they're waiting for the meeting, then you may say the teacher doesn't care. However, teachers should teach students independence and responsibility. If they're bullied, then handle it on their own until it gets too much, then seek the teacher. Of course if the kid is very young, then it's reasonable to go to the teacher earlier but if it's a high-school course, unless the bullying is physical or sexual, the student should try to deal with it without running to the teacher.

Quote:
God I was bullied at school, and the teachers did nothing and blamed me told me I deserved it, Do you think thats an appropriate way to deal with bullying ?
Perhaps, yes. It depends why you were being bullied and what you tried to do to resolve it. If you were being bullied because, say, you liked Metallica and the bullies liked 50 cent, then it's fair for the teacher to tell you to deal with it. If you were being made fun of for some petty thing that was blown out of proportion, again, deal with it yourself. However, if you were being bullied because you liked Metallica instead of 50 Cent and were raped or badly beaten up when you refused to say you liked 50 Cent, then I agree the teacher should step in. If you provoked someone, got them mad and then they got mad at you, to which you cried bully, too bad, you shouldn't have started it and should be able to end it.

I was bullied at school as well and in elementary school, before high-school, I dealt with it myself not because I didn't tell the teachers, rather I told my father who talked to me about it then some solutions to deal with it. I sometimes got beat up on the far side of the back field (they stored soccer nets, sports equipment and a shed which had various balls) all covered up by large trees and some boards, made fun of and so forth. I won't mention everything I did but instead of whining, I provoked the bullies one at a time to come at me thinking I'd get a beating. As you can imagine, the opposite happened. I later humiliated, manipulated and progressively ruined them to the point where they left the school, fell into depression or became suicidal/self-harming. On the bright side, depending on the circumstance and my mood, I helped those who were being bullied even if they weren't in the same grade as I was by going after their bully but always (except for a few circumstances, most of which were off school-grounds so teachers wouldn't get involved), never became physical. That said, I didn't help all those who were being bullied, only those who I had a reason to help.

In short, sometimes a good shot-gun blast to the ass is what's needed by not helping the students.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 750827 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!