Thread: Religion...?
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 19,352, Level: 20 Points: 19,352, Level: 20 Points: 19,352, Level: 20

Religion...? - March 8th 2009, 12:56 AM

How do I start this? What exactly is religion?

My dad is very, very religious. He is a Baptist, which I assume is a very, very religious form of Christianity. Am I right? Anyways, he had always forced my sister and I to go to church and I don't want to go. Does that make me not a Christian? I don't want to get Baptised and there is a long story as to why. My parents are divorced and I am no longer forced to go to church, but he still talks to me constantly about God. He wants me to believe in Him so much, but I don't really know. My dad says that believeing in him and doing all the religious stuff is the only way to be happy. I know that's not true. I am already on the road to happiness. I guess what I am really asking is that do you have to follow a religion? I know I am a Christian, but I don't believe in being as religious as my dad. My dad is probably so religious that he wuld praise God for finding a penny on the ground. I don't really believe in being that religious. My dad finally figured that out. I guess I'm telling you this because I want to find myself and I don't know which way to go.