View Single Post
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Exclamation Re: 11 shocking things you now realize to be true - November 12th 2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
I'm not attempting to insulting you, either, I'm usually pretty civil on these boards. I just get angry when child abuse is involved.
And do you not think that accusing me of child abuse is insulting?

I have cared for children for the past 4 years.

I am entering into a career as a Paediatric Nurse.

How clear do I need to make it? I deeply care about the well-being of children and get equally angry when true child abuse happens.

Avoiding giving my future children vaccines is not child abuse because I feel I would be doing what is best for them.

It's not the exposure to the dead virus I am concerned about. If vaccines contained that and nothing else, I would consider using them. It's all the other shit they contain which I do not want being pumped into my baby.

I would rather take the small risk of them coming into contact with these diseases in modern society, than compromise their immune systems with chemicals so that they are forever dependent on pharmaceutical companies in some way or another.

Also, in protecting them against one disease, they are being made more susceptible to everything else. Again, considering how scarce diseases like Polio are in our society, I don't feel that this is worth it.

You will think what you will and I am not going to bother trying to change your view because there are millions of people like you. And I guess the whole vaccination process has relied on you people to wipe out a lot of hideous diseases. But I for one am not going to compromise my own child's lifelong health for the greater good of everyone.

And finally, it's not a good idea to go around accusing people of child abuse just because they don't share your views on best practice. I personally feel that giving children vaccines is child abuse, considering how the child suffers as a result (and not just in the week following when they are really sick, but how they are more likely to suffer with smaller illnesses for the rest of their life). But am I going to accuse you of child abuse? No, because it's your decision and, just like every other good parent, you would be doing what you felt was best for your child.

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

Last edited by FairyPoppins; November 12th 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Changed word.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 755821 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!