View Single Post
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: 10 year old girl in Illinois commits suicide over LGBT bullying - November 20th 2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
If a 10 year old can't work out that by hanging yourself you will die, then that 10 year old has the intelligence of a frog.
You really are missing the point. Knowledge of the actual act of ending their life isn't what was being questioned; it was knowledge of the gravity of the situation which was. Most kids have a very limited understanding of death and its consequences, and I say this from personal experience, and so I can fully see how it would only be the short-term, shallow consequences that Marguerite mentioned that would come to mind.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick