View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Girls' schools leader: Girls growing up in "moral abyss" - November 23rd 2011, 08:21 AM

I think it's all pretty ridiculous. Every present young generation will always be 'morally corrupt' compared to the generations before them. It's true of 50 years ago, it's true of now and it'll still be true in 50 years time. I think people just like to pat themselves on the back at how more mature and morally centred they were compared to people today. I think it's also a bit of jealously of the young.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly see young girls these days parading around in next to nothing but I think it's unfair to paint all young girls with the same brush. I also don't think much has changed since all the past generations of young girls other than that society has become more comfortable with ideas of sex and more casual about what is and isn't acceptable to wear. That's true of everyone though, not just young girls. I also think it's stupid to blame society. If you let your 13 year old go to the mall in high heels, a short skirt and a crop top you only have yourself to blame for being an idiot.

I also think that people our age like to put on their long clip on beards so they can stroke it while they say some BS like "Oh, our generation is ruined! All we care about are parties and celebrities. Past generations weren't like this. Hey, at least I admit it!" Of course by 'we' and 'our' they mean you and everyone else. Then everyone around them agrees and they all pat themselves on the back for being a part of that special minority who is actually morally sound and sensible. I think it's crap to be honest. People just say that to elevate themselves and I think if you have to put everyone down to prove how you are the shining exception to the rule you're not sensible or mature at all.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 761746 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!