View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Miss Adventure Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Misty

Points: 10,590, Level: 15 Points: 10,590, Level: 15 Points: 10,590, Level: 15

Re: Being gay is lonely - November 27th 2011, 08:34 PM

I think it could go either way. For some it might be lonely, but for others, they seem to trade each other like pokemon cards. As for myself, it was very lonely for me before I met my current girlfriend. I've only been with one other person, but that was a long distance relationship and I was only with her because I had such low self-esteem and I didn't think I could get anyone else. I very much regret being in that relationship.

I didn't meet my current girlfriend until I started going to this LGBT youth center. At first, I felt really out of place like you did, because they all knew each other. But I stuck with it and now they're like my second family. It just takes a while. Maybe you should try going back.

You do need to learn to love yourself, though. I believe that you need to have love for yourself and your life before you can share that love with anyone else. Live for yourself instead of spending your time trying to find someone to love you. Love will find you eventually, even if you aren't looking.

when nothing goes right, i go left.