View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Need an impartial opinion - Is is ok that a girlfriend in a long term relationship find other males attractive? - November 30th 2011, 09:07 PM

I totally missed have of this thread, and I didn't read through all the answers, so I'm just going to reply to the first post.

I've been in a committed relationship for nearly 3 years. My anniversary is coming up at the end of January. I love my boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I've stopped appreciating the opposite sex, or noticing them. My boyfriend feels the same. I've caught him looking at other girls, and while it's bothersome, I don't say anything because I've done it too. I'd pretty much look like a hypocrite if I did, and then the whole ordeal would just blow up in my face.

We can't stop the fact that we're humans, and of course, we're going to be attracted to other people whether we're in relationships or not. It's hormones, and just being a human being. We can't stop those things, though I know some of us wish we could. I know how much we hate to see that our partners may be attracted to other people. But, it's just something that happens sometimes. What is importantis if we try to make something out of that attraction or not, like cheating on our significant other. If that were the case, there would be more of a problem than just a simple attraction.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011