Thread: Medication.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Medication. - December 2nd 2011, 10:11 PM

Hey Jessie,

First of all, any medication changes do need to be checked with your doctor, and it isn't something to rush into, so if you decide anything, talk it through first.
Right. I'm on Sertraline now, but I'm only 3 days into it. I've previously taken Prozac, Cymbalta, Citalopram and a mini-trial of Diazepam but none of those worked for me at all. Problem with medication like this is that they don't all work the same. If you had a broken leg, they'd give you X painkiller to take, that's that. If you have a mental health problem, or any long term illness that requires medicating, it can take a LONG time to get it right. My dad has trialed 13 different heart meds so far

Thing is, the only true way to find out how you'll be without meds, is to come off them, but before you do you MUST be in a stable position to do so. I went two weeks without and was a total wreck, so I've restarted them, but everyone is different. It's frustrating waiting to feel a change, but it'll be worth it when it does come, and it wont change you as a person. All they're intended to do is to lift you out of a bad day and help you challenge the low moods. Like quitting smoking - you can take pills to help, but it needs you as well.

Unfortunately nothing will magically make it all stop, but I know you, and I know you can fight through this! <3