View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

Re: Medication. - December 4th 2011, 04:02 PM

First of all, never ever ever stop or change medication without talking to your doctor. I accidentally left my antidepressants at home when I went away for a week, didn't think it'd be a big deal and didn't get a refill, 3 days later and I'm headed to the hospital ._.

That's the problem with antidepressants, a lot of times we don't think they're working, when they are. I swore up and down that Prozac had no effect on me, and perhaps it didn't help that much, but looking back on it now, when I wasn't taking it I was 50% more likely to hurt myself or make a stupid decision. Another thing is that it often takes at least a few weeks of taking it every day for the medication to really kick it, so give it a shot and try to be optimistic. I know what I just said is hard to hear sometimes, when a friend's dad told me the same thing I got pissed off and purposefully didn't take my meds just to prove him wrong...

If, in a month or two, you're still feeling down a lot then by all means talk to your doctor about trying something new, whether it be medications or something completely different. Just don't ever give up, happiness is possible for all of us. Even, and especially when it never seems so.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.