Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 4th 2011, 11:57 PM

Part 1 can be found here.

Quote:
"You shouldn't be here."

Celeste scowled. "Why not?"

"Because you want to talk about what happened, and I don't want other people to hear us," Draco responded in a whisper.

Celeste slouched a little bit, her expression changing to disappointment. The parchment on the bed was illegible. It was quite obvious that Draco had been writing fast and that his hand had been shaking quite badly.

Draco watched his sister's eyes scan the parchment. Despite having written a desperate letter, he had not addressed it; he didn't know who to send it to. And in any case, sending such a thing by owl would be incredibly risky. Draco barely even acknowledged his sister as he stared at the parchment, wondering if it was of any use at all.

Draco reached into his robe pocket and pulled out the small strip of parchment that Xenophilius had sent him that morning. He examined it and saw a small stain in the corner. Curious, Draco sniffed it.

There was no mistaking that smell. Polyjuice potion.
Celeste looked curiously at Draco as he sniffed the parchment he held in his hand.

"Something's wrong, isn't it?" she asked, looking out the window and into the Black Lake. The waters were restless and there was not a creature to be seen. There was a dark presence out there, one Celeste had lost countless nights of sleep to. One that brought unsettling fear to her brother's eyes.

Draco looked up at Celeste.

She continued, "I know all too well."

They sat in silence for a moment. The boys were still up, completely unaware as to what was going on. Celeste could feel her eyes growing heavy. She propped up her head on her hands just to keep awake long enough to watch Draco finish his letter. Soon enough, she lost her battle and her head fell softly to the bed for the first time in a long while.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

Last edited by Angel; December 5th 2011 at 01:17 PM.