Tericon Offline
The Waistcoated Wonder
Average Joe

Name: Nat

Points: 11,050, Level: 15 Points: 11,050, Level: 15 Points: 11,050, Level: 15

Re: "Rape Simulator" Video Game - March 10th 2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamverybeautiful View Post
I think it's interesting that the girls are against it and guys are for it.....
Think about it. Girls are more likely to be sexually assaulted than guys. The guys don't make such a big deal because they probably haven't or will never be sexually assaulted, therefore, they can't emotionally connect with this issue...

I'm not saying to ban it or sell it. What I'm saying is that guys should see this issue through a woman's eyes, since it affects us most. Imagine being a rape victim and coming across this video game.

I'm female and I wouldn't say I was against it. I know a fair few people who have been victims of rape, including close family members so I have a pretty good idea how it can affect people.

I quite agree that using this as an outlet rather than a physical person is of course much prefered, if this game allows someone who has these kind of thoughts to 'satisfy' this need and in turn saves just one physical being from being the outlet, then I'm all for it.

But i can see the other side of the coin, i.e, this might not be enough 'satisfaction' or might even encourage them to try it out 'for real.'

Just my two cents

'If you've got the inclination
I have got the crime' - Oppurtunites - PSB <3

'Reel me in and cut my throat' - World- The Killerz <3

When we fall in love, we're just fallin' in love with ourselves... - Spiralling- Keane <3