View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
she dreams of love.
Outside, huh?

Name: Jessie

Re: I don't know when its too deep - January 1st 2012, 08:49 PM

Hi there.

Honestly, I always wondered this when, now I know, my self harm wasn't that bad. When I went to deep, I just knew. I think if you go to deep it is kind of common sense as to when you need medical help or if you need to close it yourself with butterfly stitches after cleaning it properly. Like already said, when we do hurt ourselves badly we can be in quite a state and not really take notice or think about it so sometimes it might be best to get it checked anyway. If you cut to deep then it might bleed a lot for a longer period of time, in which case I suggest you get medical help as soon as you can, just in case. If it's gaping open you might just need to have buttery stitches which you can buy and do yourself or you can see a nurse to get it done. If it's worse than that it might need gluing which needs to be done my a nurse or a doctor. Again, if it's even worse than that it might need stitching or stapling which obviously, you will need medical help for. Just make sure you self harm safely and try and get help to stop you from doing it. You don't have to be alone in this so get the support to help you beat this and make sure you get medical help if you need it.

It might help you to look at this too.

Take care Jessie.