View Single Post
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: why don't doctors regulate when you enter puberty? - January 2nd 2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1119
I knew a girl who looked 13 when she was 10. She grew up that way. People thought I was a senior or junior at 11. While like my peer looked like eleven year olds. Nowadays I'm 14 and I look even older. Like 20 or 21. My friends mostly look about 14 or 15 16 at the most. So that's what I meant them being maturing average for their age. But puberty is never the same or in the same order I know that so yea...
I'm 22, going to start my Master's degree and I still get mistaken for being in high-school between grade 9-11, rarely in grade 12. The same applies to me father and uncle, they're in their mid-60s and both have jet black hair with a small amount of whitening/grey hair at the sides, and are mistaken for being in their early to mid 40s. It's not that we're short and frail, most adults on my father's side are at least 6 ft 2, big-boned and well built.

The problem of slowing down or speeding up puberty is that it cannot be forecasted. It can be altered by the use of certain powerful medications as a side-effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Linux Penguin View Post
Yeah, the only way to really do that with a guy I think would be castration (I dunno about females) but good luck finding a doctor willing to perform that procedure.
Doing so would not stop puberty. Testosterone is still produced by the adrenal gland. Additionally, males use estrogen and can convert it to types of testosterone. If you truly wanted to do that, you would have to remove the adrenal glands, perform a castration and, remove the pituitary gland but, even then, it will not completely remove testosterone because the converting enzymes are found throughout the body.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)