View Single Post
  (#58 (permalink)) Old
Katieeee Offline
that's what she said.
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Points: 11,990, Level: 15 Points: 11,990, Level: 15 Points: 11,990, Level: 15

Re: "Rape Simulator" Video Game - March 11th 2009, 03:32 AM

Though I understand the opposite point of view, I still believe this is wrong. I think it's an excellent example of how the world is heading into moral and ethical ambiguity. We no longer know where to draw the lines. Rape is a scary situation, and it should not be taken lightly and put into something as mundane and commonplace as a video game. That's just qualifying that it's an accepted action. Creating a rape simulator just blurs the lines and makes it seem like less of a horrible situation. Like violent movies, one can easily become desensitized and become unable to see the distinction of why it is in fact so wrong. And although it may not be encouraging one to go out and rape someone, it is still placing innapropriate thoughts in a person head. The concept of it is wrong. It reminds me of that ethical cleasing video game a while back, where the white people would go out and shoot all the the other ethnic minorities, (i.e. mexican, black). And like in that situation, it just makes ideas like that more embraced by society.

Last edited by Katieeee; March 11th 2009 at 04:55 AM.