View Single Post
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
alliannasmomma5 Offline
~live.laugh.love~
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mandii

Points: 10,426, Level: 14 Points: 10,426, Level: 14 Points: 10,426, Level: 14

Re: Accepted to college! - January 9th 2012, 03:08 AM

Thank you! apparently my essay for admittions stuck out because I submitted it Thursday to harvard and I heard back the next day about how inspiring it was. I mean they said to make it personal and come from my heart so that's exactly what I did. I wrote about getting pregnant at 16 and having my boyfriend die a month before having Allianna at 17. I wrote about all I had faced before during and after the time Allianna had come into my life and how hard it was doing it without alli's dad there to help me. I then continued on to how my little girl had passed away after being only 6 months and 8 days old. I explained the difficulties I faced with having lost my daughter so young and not getting to see her grow up. I expressed how grateful I was to have met my daughter and how even though I can't see her i know she's always with me. I wrote about my depression and I wrote about being a suicide survivor. I ended it talking about how when I was younger I saw myself being a special education teacher or a social worker and how it was my dream. I want to follow my dreams and be the best that I can be for my daughter because i deserve better then what life has handed me so far.

Allianna Faith 3/10/11-9/18/11 </3
You never know what you've got till it's gone..