Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23

Re: Accepted to college! - January 9th 2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliannasmomma5 View Post
Thank you! apparently my essay for admittions stuck out because I submitted it Thursday to harvard and I heard back the next day about how inspiring it was. I mean they said to make it personal and come from my heart so that's exactly what I did. I wrote about getting pregnant at 16 and having my boyfriend die a month before having Allianna at 17. I wrote about all I had faced before during and after the time Allianna had come into my life and how hard it was doing it without alli's dad there to help me. I then continued on to how my little girl had passed away after being only 6 months and 8 days old. I explained the difficulties I faced with having lost my daughter so young and not getting to see her grow up. I expressed how grateful I was to have met my daughter and how even though I can't see her i know she's always with me. I wrote about my depression and I wrote about being a suicide survivor. I ended it talking about how when I was younger I saw myself being a special education teacher or a social worker and how it was my dream. I want to follow my dreams and be the best that I can be for my daughter because i deserve better then what life has handed me so far.
It truly is inspiring. The way you talk about it positively! And congratulations!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.