View Single Post
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Points: 13,188, Level: 16 Points: 13,188, Level: 16 Points: 13,188, Level: 16

Re: Accepted to college! - January 16th 2012, 04:42 AM

First of all congrats on the acceptance. I honestly can't remember if I've talked to you before very much but I recognize your username and your story. I also wanted to tell you how proud of you I am and I bet your daughter would be super proud of you too. You've overcome so much and your truly an inspiration to all of us. My words are failing me at the moment but I hope that, wherever you decide to go, things will continue to go well for you from here on out. Special education or social worker both sound pretty awesome. It takes a special person to do those jobs and one has to be able to connect with the people they work with. I bet you'll do amazing at whatever you choose and I wish you all the luck in the world

For interest sake: I spent my past summer working with children with disabilities. I worked with four different kids and though sometimes it was incredibly trying and difficult, it was all worthwhile. The children I worked with had autism, ADHD, ADD and fetal alcohol syndrome. I also worked with a girl who was handicapped and unable to talk etc and is tube fed. As the summer progressed I found myself enjoying what I was doing and found that working with her made me appreciate my own life a bit more. She loves music and listens to it 24/7...she'll definitely let you know if shes not your selection of song though and make a fuss. Sorry to sit here and reminisce on your post but I think its amazing that you are going into one of those career paths.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.