Thread: Female Advice Preferred: My girlfriend told me...
View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Points: 19,250, Level: 20 Points: 19,250, Level: 20 Points: 19,250, Level: 20

Re: My girlfriend told me... - January 18th 2012, 08:28 AM

Alright, Ben, I'm gonna bring back my more innocent self to try to help you out here, and I hope what I have to say makes sense.
Given that you said she's your pastor's daughter, I'm going to assume that you're both Christians, and by the sound of it, you both seem to be pretty into following God. I'm no theology major, but I do know that the Bible says that lustful feelings (which is what your girlfriend is having and is trying to get you to help her act on) are sinful when acted on. Your girlfriend may or may not know this, but it would be best to bring this up. I know there's a part of Matthew which talks about looking at a woman lustfully, and lustful words are mentioned again in 2nd Peter 2 (I looked it up on biblegateway), but this is legitimately one of the biggest struggles adolescent Christians go through. Assuming you believe everything in the bible is 100% truth, what your girlfriend wants to do is in fact sinning, there's no way around that.
I definitely applaud you for holding to your morals in this. It really takes a good man to say no when his significant other wants to push those lines, so that's definitely commendable. I really hope this info helped you out a little bit. Good luck

~Summer

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 797249 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!