View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: Age of consent/going to the doctor? - January 19th 2012, 12:40 AM

I agree with Shannon.

Doctors don't have to report teenagers having sex - and what age they do it. Thats not there job. There job is to treat people (health wise). In most cases, as Shannon Said, If it is not a life threatening case, they wont say anything.

And as another person said - usually the age of consent is mainly protecting kids from having sex with other people (ex: 16 having sex with a 19 or 20 year old, while the age of consent is 18). I find it very rare that even police officers say anything to teens about sex. Actually, in most cases police officers would give you a high five for having sex (although I'm male so there may be a difference there). Again, this can also depend on location.

To wrap up what I said, Doctors don't really care what you do - as long as its not hurting you or others (life threatening). And the same for police officers as long as its within the law and your respectful about (Don't have sex outside - do it inside). Remember, police officers and Doctors were once this age too - they know how it is and in most cases have 'fooled' around with others at this age aswell.

I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai