View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Ben Rothlesberger's Rape Case - January 21st 2012, 08:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, for anyone not up to speed, a woman accused Ben Rothlesberger (quarterback for the Steelers) of raping her. And recently, they just settled the civil case for a couple hundred grand.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/2...l-suit-settles
http://www.faniq.com/article/Ben-Roe...-2008--2603752

I know this is probably going to start a huge fucking fire, but here's my thought on this.

She's lying to extort him for money.

There was absolutley no proof that she was raped, other than her and her friend's testimony. There were no criminal charges filed, and there's no criminal suit. Instead, it went straight to civil court and essentially became a money issue. From the second link, it was even announced that all parties had come to an agreement, and that again, no punishments were being doled out.

It's so fucking obvious, I'm surprised they agreed to settle.

I'm not saying all women who accuse a man of rape are lying, but Jesus, the fucking sexism is astounding. Is this really all it takes? Does due process not mean anything when it comes to women accusing men of rape anymore?

"But if he's innocent, then why would he settle?"

Because in a world where accusations alone can ruin your career, he had a lot to lose.

Blah, thoughts?

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.