dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Ben Rothlesberger's Rape Case - January 21st 2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I'm sorry but that absolutely is what you said, even if it's not what you believe. By default, the accused is not guilty. it is up to her to prove that she was raped. If she cannot, then you cannot reasonably expect the accused to be considered Guilty unless you are proposing that we either lower the threshold of evidence so that it's very easy to have someone convicted for rape or that they are guilty by default.
Bullshit. Utter, utter bullshit. That isn't remotely what Amy said, and frankly twisting her words to that extent is below you. People can choose not to press forward with court cases for all manner of reasons, particularly with those which are highly emotive issues, and a lot of them have nothing to do with the veracity of the claims. I would strongly urge you to do some more research in future before making such sweeping claims.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.