View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: Doctor playing Eugenics - January 22nd 2012, 12:53 PM

Resources, whatever resources they are, should generally be rewarded where they offer the most benefit and are most effective. Like XX Master said above me... if there are large chances she's going to die at 10 years old, or 20 years old, then it's almost a waste of a kidney compared to another person who might live another 40 years or more.

It's not something I'm "happy" about... but if there's a choice between giving this 3 year old a kidney, and giving another person a kidney who's going to live a full, productive, and hopefully happy life... then it only makes sense to give it to someone where it'l reap the most benefits for everyone.

If there was an abundance of kidneys, then there'd be no problem, and she should get one. It would be a real problem in my opinion if she was denied a kidney, despite there being plenty of them to go round for everybody.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.