Thread: Triggering: Starting college.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 15,744, Level: 18 Points: 15,744, Level: 18 Points: 15,744, Level: 18

Re: Starting college. - January 23rd 2012, 02:18 AM

Hey Brittany, I am sorry to hear about your troubles. It may seem like a daunting task to start something like college given what has been going on in your life, but this can be a chance to turn a new page IMO. You've done a great job with staying SH free, and I think you can continue to do so.

As far as your first day of community college, most people get lost on the first few days of the semester. I have found myself doing the same thing at my school haha. Even if it's not normally easy for you to make friends, the smaller class sizes in community college in comparison to the big lecture hall types seem to bring classmates closer together. Since you are focused on being more social than normal, you're already on the right path. I hope things work out for you, and if you ever wanna talk I can lend a pair of "ears."

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."