View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dopey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trichotillomania? - January 30th 2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoVeMeHaTeMeBeAutIfUlMe View Post
Probably a year to six months ago, I found my tweezers (that I usually use for my eyebrows) and I don't know. I had an extremely strong urge to start to tweeze my leg hairs. I gave in and pulled at the hairs for HOURS. I don't know what it was, but I loved the way it felt, and it seems like a huge stress reliever for me. It became a regular habit for another couple of months, until I realized how gross, red, and splotchy my legs were getting. I tried to quit, to hide the tweezers, but nothing worked. The most I stopped for was a few weeks. I try to keep up with my shaving so that I don't have any hairs that I can pull at, but I still dig and dig at pick at what's left and it is just awful. I hate the way my legs look, but I just can't stop.
The thing is...it's not only with my legs. I also tend to tweeze my pubic area and underarms sometimes. Uncontrollably. Please don't hate me. Or think I'm totally disgusting. I hate it, and it's horrid, but I can't help it.
I have been doing this for years. I hate it, hate the marks and scars it has left on my legs. I have tried stopping but have never been able to. I've just sort of accepted it as part of my life. Never realised it could be an actually disorder of sorts. I guess its good to know that I'm not the only one who does this though