Thread: Who to turn to?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Who to turn to? - February 2nd 2012, 02:35 AM

Well first off, You said that talking to a stranger would make the situation worse, or not help; well I'm a stranger. There is not harm in talking to a counselor - and frankly, in a case like this where you really have no one to turn to, I highly recommend talking to a professional. Of course, you always have sites like TeenHelp to come to and ask for help.

Now, as far as the brother thing - unfortunately I think we all have gotten into fights with out siblings (some way more than others). If he keeps coming around you, It seems like he wants to build a relationship with you, but you guys just keep disagreeing and getting into fights. The best thing to do, is to take a quick few days break away from him, and then start trying to ignore his bad qualities and try to build a good relationship with him. Sounds easier said than done, I know - but I think if you both try to build up this relationship, that it will turn out to be great one. Start inviting him out with friends once in awhile. Start taking him to the movies or other places. This sounds stupid, but it will mean alot to him, and ultimately it should settle down the fights.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - The Great Gatsby