View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Couple sues doctor over disabled son's birth - February 2nd 2012, 04:31 AM

I think the couple were incredibly lazy because the doctor provided a general switchboard number, which the couple used. However, once the call went unanswered, according to the articles provided by Digilodger, it seems as though the couple abandoned that route instead of trying other means to contact the genetic counsellor or seeking other genetic counsellors. The couple were well aware of the blood condition and if it is not the IVF doctor's duty to take the role of a genetic counsellor, the couple could have at the very least looked online and found rough estimates of approx. 50%.

If they didn't seek the genetic counsellor because they couldn't negotiate their way around a switchboard or find other genetic counsellors, I fail to see how that is the fault of the IVF doctor. They're smart and cunning because they could become millionaires but they're also lazy.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)