View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*~Skittles Martinski~* Offline
USS Salbuttcheeto.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Chess

Re: Transgender doubts? - February 16th 2012, 10:33 AM

Hey Connor.

I'm also not transgender, but through being a member of TH, I've had some experience with those who identify as such. If you search through some of the old threads in this forum, you'll see that quite a few people have been in the situation you're in now. The truth is, it's perfectly normal to change your mind - especially at your age, when hormones are going crazy and you're still trying to figure out who you are, and who you want to be. I say this not to belittle you or try to devalue your feelings; I'm just saying, it's okay to change your mind.

The best advice I can give you is this: give it time. There's no rush to come out, or even to know your gender identity, so take some time and explore your thoughts, feelings, and options. It might be better to hold off on coming out until you're sure, rather than having to come out again if your feelings or preferences change. That said, do you have someone you can talk to about this? A close friend, family member, even a counsellor? They might be able to help you figure things out a bit.

All the best.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.