I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 17th 2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapanga Paige View Post
My parents are agnostic/athiest as well, and though I was never taught religion or dragged to church as a child as I grew older and was surrounded by peers with religious backgrounds I became curious. I took a personal interest and did all of my own research on various religions and their beliefs and came to a conclusion all on my own. So is it morally wrong to allow an "inocent" child to remain inocent and neutral until they themselves develope an interest on their own?
I totally agree with this. I wasn't raised in the church. When I took an interest in different religions, I looked into it for myself and came to my own conclusion. In my case, I decided that Christianity was right for me. For others, it could be completely different. That's how it should be. Ideally, parents wouldn't drill a certain belief system into their child's mind. The way I see it, kids should be free to explore different things and come to their own conclusions about the way they want to live their life.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!