View Single Post
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
chickenonsteroids Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15 Points: 11,060, Level: 15

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 18th 2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris. ♥ View Post
Okay, time for me to put my two cents in. Yes, God created Satan, but Lucifer (his real name) was originally an angel. He started getting a big head and he thought that he was more powerful than God. So, he got himself banished and chose to become the king of Hell. Feel free to re-word that; it was kinda awkward. Anyways, the reason Satan was able to do that is because God gives us free will. It is our choice whether or not to follow Him. Satan simply exercised that free will and walked away, with the determination to drag others away from God as well. I'm debating whether or not I should post verses, but I'll just leave it for now. Feel free to ask if you want them.
I'll assume you're talking to me

Plus I understand what you're talking about yet free will doesn't make sense with an omniscient god. If he knows what we will do before he created us at what stage will he not know what we'll do since we have free will? If you're sure we have free will then nothing has to be of his will. Then that allows him to be surprised or angry but true omniscience (remember he's timeless) means he can't be angry or suprised at lucifer walking off. Free will is either a cop out or he's not omniscient and timeless.

Post verses if you want or anything else you can find that's not the bible lol

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!