(#32 (permalink)) Old
Tapanga Paige Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rikki Heyman

Points: 9,419, Level: 14 Points: 9,419, Level: 14 Points: 9,419, Level: 14

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 18th 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
Yes, because hell is the "fair" punishment for every single one of us because of all of our sins. It's just that if you are a Christian and therefor get forgiven of your sins, you get better than fair (Heaven). God could have chosen to just give us "fair" which would mean letting everyone go to hell...but instead, He gave us the choice of getting something better instead. He had no obligation to do that.

If Christians got what was fair, we would go to hell too. But God has given an extra gift to those who believe in Him and His salvation, which is to go to Heaven even though they deserve hell.

So I'm going to be punished by a diety I don't believe exists for "sin" that only exists if I believe if I believe in said diety? How can I be punished by a God I don't believe is real? This concept sounds like paying for childcare if you don't have a child. One question I have about this is if God is so loving and forgiving why send everyone to suffer for all eternity in the first place?

<3 RAWR<3
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!