Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): My family is falling apart
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
charliew1994 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My family is falling apart - February 20th 2012, 10:38 PM

Ever since I started high school, me and my dad have had a rocky relationship. I guess it was because I was a teenager, had a mind of my own and a bit of an attitude. Dad scares me, in fact, he scares a lot of people. He's intimidating, stubborn and outspoken. For the last few years our typical fall outs have always been he TELLS me to do something, he doesn't ask, he says do this now, then after you can do that. Then i'll roll my eyes or say 'ok in a minute' and he'll completely flip. He says 'who do you think you're talking to?' and 'show me some respect'. We fall out over the tiniest things and I hate it, because there's a totally different side to him that I love. Playful, caring, loyal and we get on so well when he's in a good mood, but when he's miserable, everyone pays for it. Me, my sister and even my mum feel like we're treading on eggshells when we know he's moody.
Anyway, I guess I should get to my main problem.
Earlier this evening, I was sat in my room and he barged in and asked if I'd got my little sister a present (it's her birthday tomorrow). I said I hadn't yet because I've been busy and I'd get her one tomorrow after college because I finish early and I'd get it before she's home from school. So he took my downstairs, told my mum that I hadn't got her a present and went ballistic. He called me a selfish fucking bitch and swore over and over at me. I thought he was being unfair so I gave him a look as if to say 'You're out of order'. Then all hell broke loose. He walked over to me, started shouting in my face so I held my hands out as if to say 'What have I done that's so terrible?' and he pushed me over onto the floor and I hit my head on the the wall.
My mum saw all this and threw him out. It wasn't the first time he'd pushed me, and she said if he did it again he was gone. As he packed his bags, he was shouting 'see what you've done?', 'you're the reason this family is falling apart you little bitch'.
I feel awful. I've been crying for the last hour, and I don't want you to feel sorry for me because I know it's partly my fault. I was selfish and didn't think about my sister, I should've got her a present way sooner. My mum always says I'm selfish and I thought about it and realised I probably have been, I hardly ever do anything selflessly for my family and I'm so ashamed of that.
I don't know what to do. Between me and my dad we've torn the family apart. Please help me, I love my mum to bits but I can tell she hates me right now, doesn't even want to look at me. And it's my little sister's 7th birthday tomorrow and I've totally ruined it for her, not to mention my 4 year old brother who's best friend is my dad, they do everything together.
I just want to make things right

Last edited by Chris; February 20th 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Added: Non-PG13 (Strong Language)