View Single Post
  (#57 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Points: 8,236, Level: 13 Points: 8,236, Level: 13 Points: 8,236, Level: 13

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 22nd 2012, 01:25 AM

The whole god allowing us to sin is more like a parent leaving a loaded gun around and telling the child not to touch it (the tree in the garden... just sitting there... "don't touch" scribbled on the side...) Even worse god knew they would and knew they would get themselves "killed" by it. Who would we blame if someone did that in the real world?

And then there is the problem of all the poor souls going to hell for being born in the wrong place at the wrong time. According to the old testament you had to be a Jew. What about the people born thousands of miles away? That's like god saying "I don't like you so I'm gonna let you be born to a people I'm sending to hell just for not being a Jew"...

It's not right...

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path." -Buddha

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!