(#58 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Religion vs. Fairy Tales - February 22nd 2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee❤ View Post
So, I'm asking an honest question. Can somebody really murder and assault people, then repent and get saved, while I can go my entire life being a good person and not hurting anybody but because I don't give myself to Jesus Christ and believe and all, I'm going to hell? I'm just...not quite understanding why that makes any sense at all. If that's the case, I'm not sure I'd want to go to heaven. They aren't necessarily GOOD PEOPLE, they just believed in god. obviously many good people believe in god. But really, Hitler committed suicide, so we don't know what he was doing in his last few moments, but what if he was repenting. Would he be in heaven, six million deaths later?
I have a few things to say to this, but first, I want to say thank you for asking out of serious curiosity instead of trying to debate.

The bible says that no one is good. Yes there are people who do more good/less bad than others, but all of our souls are contaminated with sin that we committed and that's why we can't go to Heaven without our sins being gone.

I've said this part a million times, so you probably know, but you don't go to hell for not believing in Jesus Christ. You go to hell for committing sin, but believing in Jesus (meaning believing in what He did to save you, not just His existance) is just the free (undeserved) gift to get you out of that punishment.

As far as your question about Hitler...I obviously can't tell you what he was doing in his last moments, but chances are that if he had been saved, he would have wanted to use the remainder of his life to spread the gospel and try to heal people from the things that he did to them. Committing suicide showed that he was probably hopeless, which probably means that he hadn't been saved...because the moments after you are saved is where you generally realize how much hope there is for you. However, hypothetically, if a murderer who kills countless people truly realized that they were a sinner on their way to hell and turned to Jesus to save them, yes, they can be saved too. The bible says that if we've committed one sin it's as bad as committing them all, so they are no worse than us (even though they did hurt more people).

Also, I'm not sure that you understand what repenting is. The word repent means "change of mind". In other words, changing your mind from "I'm good enough to get to Heaven on my own" or "what I'm doing isn't sin" to "everything that God says is true, I have sinned against Him and am going to hell. I want to choose God instead and let Jesus save me once and for all". THAT is repenting. It means recognizing sin as bad and choosing God instead. When you truly do that, you are going to WANT to obey God, you won't want to do bad any more. But you'll probably still mess up, and you're still saved if you do.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 813636 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!