View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MusicIsEverything Offline
Average Joe

Points: 8,622, Level: 13 Points: 8,622, Level: 13 Points: 8,622, Level: 13

Re: Questions for the LGBT People 'Round Here - February 23rd 2012, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the reassurance abou the religion thing, it helps.
Well I'm pretty sure I'm bi, I've always gotten crushes on guys since I was little but over the past year I've started kinda liking girls too... So I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual.
When I was a little kid (like 9 maybe) be and my best friend made out. Which yeah is creepy... But I was little and I was curious, and honestly, I liked it. And over the past year or so, to be honest I find myself checking out girls a lot, and once I kind of had a crush on a girl-- she's 14 and really nice, and really funny and I was just really attracted to her for a time- not like OBSESSED or anything, not even close, but I just kind of like her. And not in a friendship way, like in the way I would like a guy.
And once I thought about it, the idea of dating a girl sounds awesome. I would live a girlfriend.
As for how people realize it... I think it depends on the person. Some people realize it pretty early- like 10 or 11- often after many instances in childhood that would make them think they were gay/bi/whatever they were, but they didn't understand it yet.
And some people pretend to be bi for attention, but for the people who actually ARE, I don't think it's a choice at all. Just like you know you like guys, and some girls know they like guys, I like both. That's just who I am attracted to.

You believe there's somewhere else
Where it's easier than this
And you see outside yourself
And you buy the hole you'll fill
-Foo Fighters